Volunteer for the Spring Clean-Up 2011 at Hoyt Lake!
On Saturday, April 16, 2011, the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy will be teaming up with Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper for a spring clean-up of Hoyt Lake in Delaware Park. This event will take place from 9am-12pm and volunteers are needed for helping remove trash from Hoyt Lake in Delaware Park.
The Hoyt Lake Clean-Up is part of Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper’s Spring Shoreline Sweep. For those of you who are not familiar with Riverkeeper, over the past 15 years, they have organized biannual cleanups of local waterways to remove litter and other accumulated debris.
Where to meet: Marcy Casino (199 Lincoln Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14222)
What to bring:
• Work Gloves
• Work Clothes (Including old sneakers or boots)
• Sunglasses or hat for sun protection
• Shovels, rakes, pool skimmers, pick sticks, garbage bags, etc.
• Free stainless steel water bottle as a part of Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper’s continuing effort to replace plastic, non-degradable water bottles (that could end up in our waterways) with reusable water bottles.
• Free volunteer BBQ immediately following the clean-up
o Where: American Legion Hall, 533 Amherst Street, Buffalo, NY 14207
o When: 12pm-3pm
• Perfect for community service hours
If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716.838.1249 ext 15 or visitwww.bnriverkeeper.org .