Intern for Institutional Advancement
Duration: Spring Semester (Late January until Early May)
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in building a comprehensive database of other non-profit institutions, lodgings, and notable cultural institutions in the area for the purpose of extending our visibility.
- Helping in management of Raisers Edge database.
- Assistance with the management of the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy’s blog and social networking sites, including Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. This may include the creation of content for the sites in the form of essays, reflections, and photographs.
- Online research of varying degrees.
- Help in day to day office duties including sending mailings & responding to email queries.
A qualified candidate for this internship should ideally possess the following:
- An outgoing personality and good communication skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong online researching skills
- A personal computer (although not a requirement)
- A working familiarity with social networking including Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger.
- Attention to detail to work reliably in Raisers Edge.
An intern for institutional advancement will:
- Gain an understanding of the day to day workings of a professional not-for-profit institution
- Gain experience in the Raisers Edge program
- Gain experience in data entry
- Improve and understand the significance of social networking in the workplace
- Develop important writing & word processing skills for future employment
Interested candidates should contact Steven Nagowski at email@example.com or 716-838-1249 ext 15.